The region’s three main towns host markets every week, in the morning:
- in La Charité-sur-Loire, Place du Général de Gaulle, Saturdays,
- in Guérigny, Place Jean Jaurès, Wednesdays and Fridays,
- in Prémery, Place de la Mairie and Place de la Halle, Tuesdays and Saturdays.
They attract those in search of fresh taste and flavours who appreciate the choice and quality of the products, as well as the warm welcome from the traders. Many trades are represented and the stalls are very diverse: greengrocers, fishmongers, winemakers, florists, cheese makers, poultry sellers … all amid a great atmosphere. Part of the markets is also devoted to clothing.
Some villages offer traditional or local markets in season, highlighting local producers and know-how, on Sunday mornings:
- in Raveau, on the last Sunday morning of each month,
- in La Marche and Poiseux, on the 2nd Sunday morning of each month.
With these traditional markets, everyone can experience the charm and services of the markets of yesteryear, with lots of local producers: cow’s and goat’s cheeses, eggs, free-range chickens, honey, fruit, vegetables, foie gras… Events with local producers and associations brighten up these charming village centres even more!
Other markets in the area:
- Tuesday: Prémery (28 km)
- Wednesday: Sancergues (10 km) – Guérigny (20 km) – Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire (30 km)
- Thursday: Pougues-les-Eaux (15 km) – Donzy (25 km)
- Friday: Pouilly-sur-Loire (15 km) – Guérigny (20 km)
- Saturday: La Charité-sur-Loire – Sancerre (25 km) – Prémery (28 km)
- Sunday: Fourchambault (25 km) – Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire (30 km)
Distances shown from La Charité-sur-Loire.